Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender to Factory Settings :
You may need to Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender back to factory settings due to any reason. We are here not discussing the reason for wish you want to reset your Netgear Range extender. We will only explain the best steps to Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender.
We have two ways to reset Netgear Range Extender
1: Reset Netgear WiFi Range Range Extender through MYWIFIEXT :
- Go to your commuter (Recommended). You can use Mobile or Tablet but it could be little complicated as Router / Extender pages UI is not mobile friendly.
- Open Browser and go to “MYFIFIEXT.NET” (Without Quotes).
NOTE: You may need to power off your Router if not able to get in to that page to remove any IP Conflict.
- You will now land to Extender Page.
- Enter Username and Password that you have set while setting up your extender. Might be your email. If you do not remember, try default >
Username for Netgear Products : admin
Password for new devices : password
Password for Old devices :1234
NOTE: You can also have a look at the bottom sticker to find the login details.
External Link: Default credentials for most common networking devices.
- Go to advanced settings and find RESET / FACTORY SETTINGS / RESTORE.
- Use this feature to Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender back to Factory Settings.
2: Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender through Reset Button (Hard Reset):
This option is recommended in most of cases as it doesn’t need any login information as well as technical knowledge.
- Turn on your Extender.
- Wait for all light to come on. You should wait for a minute.
- Look at either sides of extender or bottom of the extender and locate the little pin hole
- Use a paper clip or a pin to press and hold this.
- You will feel a click and keep holding for 30 seconds.
- Quit the process and wait for lights to come back.
You have now successfully reset your wifi range extender and ready to Enter Setup again via mywifiext com