Username and Password of Netgear WiFi Range Extender
All WiFi Range Extenders have some special Login Page. Username and Password is important credential that is stored inside the firmware to protect unauthorized login. Unlikely like other web login portals its not not possible to reset password by sending code to email or to phone number. We need to follow some important steps in order to find Netgear wifi range extender username and password.
While setting up Extender:
When we setup all new extender it prompts us to enter username and password details. We must follow easy instructions to setup user and pass while setting it up, It is the important and unique part of setting up extender.
Default Netgear Range Extender Username and Password:
By Default there are some unique values of Netgear Devices. You can try that to login with default values.
Username for Netgear Products : admin
Password for new devices : password
Password for Old devices :1234
If lucky you will be able to get inside the extender firmware. Else keep reading to get the right steps.
Netgear Devices have a default username and password written on them. To find that please refer to the sticker at the bottom of the Extender. There is some information on sticker. Please see the details. Information contains IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Serial Numbers, Mac Address, Username and Password of Netgear WiFi Range Extender and some more information.
Find login credentials and try to login.
This will certainly help if you have not changed the details while setting your extender.
Recover Netgear Range Extender Username and Password:
Password recovery is the important part when we forget password. Again it depends on the time when you’ve setup your extender.
- Click on Password Recovery Option / or Forgot Password option.
- Look at the bottom sticker of your router and find the serial number.
- Enter Serial Number in the box and click recover password.
- Now it will ask you answers for the questions. Please enter the right answers that you typed while setting up your extender.
- Now it will show you the exact values of Netgear Range Extender Username and Password.
- You can enter these values to login and can also change password from inside firmware.
Reset Netgear Range Extender
If nothing works from above, final and 100% working step is to factory reset Netgear Extender. Please read following article to reset extender.
NOTE: Article has two parts,
- Reset through MYWIFIEXT :
Reset Button (Hard Reset):
Follow 2nd part Hard Reset and come back here.
here is the link: How to Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender
- Once you are done, please open mywifiext.net
(192.168.1.1) Take help to find correct IP Address for your Router/Extender.
- Open your browser and type there in address bar and press enter.
- Enter your your new details of you have setup or this page will ask you to create a new username and password for Netgear wifi range extender.
Now you have completed the setup. In case you need some more help please feel free to contact us in chat option. You can also drop a message in the reply box.